Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Green Goddess Risotto


Have you ever had one of those days where you're craving a meal that is light and healthy, but still warm and filling? Well, that's how I felt yesterday, so I whipped up this veggie-laden creamy risotto and had to share my recipe. If you're on the Meatless Monday wagon, throw this in the recipe box (and on the grocery list) for next week!

The best thing about a risotto is that it's such a versatile dish; don't feel limited by the ingredients I used. Any vegetables can lend themselves to risotto, and it's the perfect time of year to incorporate some butternut squash or pumpkin if you've got any laying around. Don't be alarmed if you can't find Arborio rice either; I didn't have any on hand yesterday, so I used a regular short grain rice, and the dish still turned out creamy and delicious, even though it wasn't quite as authentic.


The most important ingredient for this recipe is a good dose of patience, because it takes about 25 minutes to cook, and there's no shortcut around that. But if you persevere and keep stirring, you're sure to have a great meal at the end.


2 comments:

  1. I just made this, and it's an official go-to dish now. Can't wait to surprise DH with this outstanding recipe! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete