Monday, January 19, 2015

Souper Creamy Spinach Soup


It's no secret, I'm a soup junkie. And on frigid days like today, I immediately think of rich, warm, hearty soups and stews as my first choice in a meal. Packed with all of the goodness that spinach has to offer, this is a great healthy recipe to keep on hand. It's easy to make at this time of year, since it uses up some staple pantry and freezer ingredients (instead of relying on fresh vegetables in the dead of winter). The bright, refreshing flavors are a welcome warm pick-me-up when you come in from the cold.


This deceptively simple soup is a definite belly-pleaser, and the addition of hearty cannellini beans add protein and richness, so you won't be hungry again in an hour. If you're looking to make a fully "Meatless Monday" vegetarian or vegan interpretation of this dish, simply omit the ingredients with an "*" next to them.



I like to garnish my bowl with a dollop of fresh yogurt and a sprinkling of parsley, and a little bit of freshly cracked pepper, but you can also add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, or even some chili oil for a little punch!




No comments:

Post a Comment